BUILDING A MORE ACTIVE SCHOOL
HELPING SCHOOLS PLAN FOR 30 ACTIVE MINUTES A DAY FOR EVERY PUPIL
ACTIVE SCHOOL PLANNER - HOW TO GUIDE
Key Features (blue icons) - Hover over blue icons and it explains what each feature is, there are also some help videos if you click on the Help Videos icon.
· Activity Tracker – through this icon, schools can access the Sport England Active Lives Children and Young People Survey - if schools want to take part in this they can choose to do so, and it does support schools in identifying the least active pupils in the school so that some targeted wok can be completed.
· School Improvement – this provides the evidence which shows the link between physical activity and achievement outcomes. There are a series of infographics which can be flicked through by using the arrow icon at the bottom of the page. Under some infographics, there is a link icon – this takes you through to any national infographic which has been developed to support the information.
· Signposting and Guidance – this demonstrates the Public Health England resource which looks at the evidence around what works to promote physical activity in schools.
· Physical Activity Library – if you have shared a heatmap or uploaded file, it will display here, as will documents and heatmaps shared by other schools / organisations.
· Activity Heatmap Tool – this is a key feature of the website and supports schools to self-evaluate current activity levels. When you click on the icon, it will bring you to the last heat map that you worked on. Please see below, Creating Heatmaps, for more detail about the heatmap function.